Pi Browser is a browser app that you can use to browse, communicate with other people and transact pi coins. It is an Android app that you can download freely from the Google Play Store and use freely too.
The browser has an inbuilt wallet for Pi coins which allows users to transact. Here are some things you need to know about Pi Browser and how you can download it on your PC.
List of Contents
10 Things About Pi Browser
- You may need to create a pi mining app before you think of using the Pi Browser app.
- Pi Browser wallet is the official wallet of the pi mining app.
- You can download the browser from the Google Play store for free.
- You may need to keep your passphrase secure in another place.
- You can use the witness ‘sknepali’ when creating a pi account.
- The passphrase is not stored in the Pi Browser server.
- It might be impossible to retrieve the passphrase.
- You will get 100 pi coins as a bonus which you can use for testing.
- You can send or receive pi tests to anyone and also check them in history.
- Avoid downloading the pi from anywhere except Google play store.
How to Create a Wallet on Pi Browser
As we mentioned earlier, you cannot use a Pi Browser without having a Pi Browser wallet so you need to create one before downloading the browser.
Here’s how you create a pi wallet;
- Open your pi wallet.
- Click on it.
- Keep your Pi user-id.
- Use the passphrase given.
- Click on create my wallet.
Every time you want to use the Pi Browser app, you will need to key in your passphrase. Therefore you need to keep the passphrase very secure.
Your passphrase cannot be redeemed at any cost if you forgot or lost it. Therefore to avoid this great mishap you need to keep the passphrase securely. Make sure that you have not forgotten about your passphrase anytime.
There is no recovery option for your passphrase so you need to ensure that you have safely kept the passphrase in a safe place.
How to Download Pi Browser for Your Android Device
Transacting, browsing, or communicating with people on your phone is so much fun because you are doing it from a single point of view.
As we said, the Pi Browser is an Android app that you can easily download from the Google play store. The app is completely free so you don’t have to pay for anything to use the browser.
The browser will allow you to browse, chat and also transact with the pi wallet on your Android phone.
Pi Browser for PC (Windows & Mac)
As we stated the Pi Browser is an Android app. So can you use it on your PC? Yes, you can but you need to use an emulator to download the Pi Browser app for PC.
Just like most Android apps you cannot directly download from the Google play store. You will have to use an emulator to do so.
What exactly is an emulator? An emulator is a software that allows someone to download an Android app and also use it on any computer device.
It doesn’t matter which OS is available, with an Android emulator one can download the app with no issue. However, you also need to know that there are specific emulators that work best for different OS.
How to Download Pi Browser for PC
For this tutorial, you need to use the BlueStacks Android emulator when downloading the Pi Browser app for PC. BlueStacks is a free Android emulator that you can freely download from their official site mentioned above.
Here are some crucial BlueStacks minimum requirements;
- Windows 7 and above.
- The processor should be AMD or intel.
- At least 4GB of RAM.
- 5GB of free space for space.
- You must be the administrator for your PC.
- Updated graphics.
Once you are sure that you meet all of the requirements from BlueStacks you can now download the app on your PC.
- After downloading BlueStacks, log in to your Google account.
- Visit Google play store.
- Search for Pi Browser for PC.
- Click install.
Pi Browser FAQs
1. What is the Pi Browser for?
Pi Browser is simply an app that you can use to browse, chat and transact with the pi coins.
You can get the Pi Browser app from Google Play Store for free.
2. Is Pi Browser Safe?
Yes, the Pi Browser is totally safe to use. However, you need to make sure that the passphrase is secure since it is impossible to retrieve it once you forget about it.
3. Is Pi Browser available for Windows 10?
Pi Browser is only available to download directly from the Google Play Market for Android devices. To download for PC you need an emulator.
Also Read: How To Run Phoenix Browser On Your Computer