TP-Link Tether app for PC is a free application you can use to manage your range extender or TP-Link router with your computer.
If you have this app, you will easily assign a password to your TP-Link router. This helps to block unauthorized users and set up the parent control feature making the app essential. The app is also compatible to use with iOS and Android phones.
List of Contents
What is TP-Link Tethering?
Tethering is a term used to refer to connecting a device such as a tablet or a smartphone to another where you can share your internet connection.
With TP-Link tethering, it’s where you connect your devices from the TP-link router. This router uses a data connection from the mobile or internet provider.
After the TP-link router receives internet connection, it can connect to your devices such as smartphones, tablets, laptops, and more.
There are different ways the TP-link tethers. The router can allow you to access the internet through WiFi tethering, Bluetooth tethering, and Ethernet cable.
What is the TP-Link Tether App?
TP-link Tether app provides you with the easiest ways of accessing and managing your range extenders and routers remotely. This is possible through your smartphone devices and computers. With the set up to parental controls, this app gives you a simple and intuitive user interface to check people online.
The app gives you a unique and exclusive TP-Link ID. This enhances you can manage your DSL Modem Router, Repeater, or Router anywhere and anytime. If there are any firmware updates, the app will give you updates. This gives you an excellent and advanced WiFi experience.
TP-link tether app allows you to set up the TP-Link router and range extender for compatible devices. So, setting up with the tether is easier. You need to set up your network name, use a password, and get online.
This tether app also allows you to see users or devices connecting to your network. To block them, touch the button and wave goodbye to anonymous WiFi thieves!
In addition, this app also allows you to manage administrators. So, you can designate the users or devices and set your permission rules. As the app has a URL-based White list, it’s easy to choose a safe website to visit. To make this possible, the app enables easy network management to users worldwide as it supports 22 languages.
You should read: Wifi Display Miracast for PC – Free Download
How Do I Log Into My TP-Link Tether App?
You have your app, and you need to log in? Here are the steps:
- Go to your device, such as PC or smartphone wireless settings. Select your router’s network.
- Open the tether app. You can tap the router icon. After that, you will be prompted to change your password or login.
- For default login credentials, use admin/admin. The setup will automatically launch.
- You can choose an internet connection. Review the network name and password then save or change credentials.
- When done, you’ll see “success.” A message that is displayed at the bottom.
- Once you complete the process, you have cloud / remote access to your router through the Tether App.
How to Download TP-Link Tether App on the PC
This TP-Link Tether app is compatible with some computer Operating Systems such as Windows 7/8/10 and the Mac OS.
The app is available for download and has been developed by the TP-Link Tech Co. Ltd. However, there are two ways you can download this app, and they include the use of Blue Stacks or Nox app player.
- Guide to Downloading TiviMate IPTV Player for Windows 7, 8, 10, and Mac - December 19, 2022
- How To Use cMOB-20 App For Windows PC - December 18, 2022
- FreeIP For PC: Download On Windows 7, 8, 10 & Mac - December 18, 2022